A few people have asked me when they’ll be playing on September 29th. Hopefully this will give you an idea so that you can plan your personal schedule around SAVA. The schedule itself will be posted after the Seeding Schedule, by the Monday evening.
9:00-12:00 will be all of Coed B, and 2 blocks of Coed D
12:00-3:00 will be all of Women’s A and 3 blocks of Women’s C
3:00-6:00 will be all of Coed A and all of Coed C
6:00-9:00 will be all of Women’s B, 1 block of Women’s C, and 1 block of Coed D
The Warman Competitive Co-Ed League is looking for two more teams to play. They cap the league at 15 teams and currently have 12 signed up with one on the waiting list. They will need to find these two more teams or cap it at 12 for the year. If your team didn’t get into SAVA this year it is a good opportunity to play in a decently competitive league with a bunch of fun teams. I (Brandon) have a team out there as well and would definitely recommend it. A lot of our teams carpool from Brown’s in Lawson and usually get together after the games at Brown’s for a bit.
The league runs every Thursday evening until March in Warman at the Legends Centre from 8pm-10pm. Three teams a court similar to SAVA but each game is only two sets instead of three due to time constraints and costs of the courts. Cost of a team is ~$900-950.
For more information, check out the website here: Warman Competitive Co-ed Volleyball
Register Here: https://www.warmanvball.com/register/team-registration/
SVA Membership/Insurance registration is now open. To register:
Click on the website here: SVA Registration
- Click on “Adult League Team Registration 2019-20”
- Choose “SAVA” when it asks you to choose a league.
- Enter your team name.
- As captain, fill in your contact information at the top. Once you get to the bottom to list all of your players, you will need to enter yourself again at the bottom. Otherwise, you will not be registered with SVA.
- For most, if not all of your players (unless they are new to an SVA league), you will need their first name, last name and birthdate. Once you enter their birthdate, their name will pop up. Select the individual and move onto the next person.
- Once everyone is entered, click the box for “Adult Rec Member Fee”, click the box for agreeing to the Legal Agreement, then click “Submit Team Registration”.
- You will then pay by PayPal ($10 per person), and then registration is complete.
We’ve had a few questions about registering with Sask Volleyball for their membership/insurance for the upcoming SAVA season which is mandatory for all teams and participants. Sask Volleyball’s start date for registration is Sept 1st. If you have any issues while trying to register, please contact Sask Volleyball at 306-780-9250. We’ll be checking the registrations prior to seeding tournament. Thanks so much everyone.
SAVA Vice President
The AGM is set for April 16th @ 6:30PM, at E.D. Feehan. Doors open at 6:00PM and close at 6:30PM.
To keep the AGM streamlined, we collect and distribute new business to teams prior to the meeting for review. To accomplish this, we ask to receive new business via email by April 9th so we can include it in the agenda handout. We will circulate this prior to the AGM for review.
Some quick boilerplate around the AGM. This is important, so first-year teams should read this closely.
– Teams without a representative at the meeting will lose preference for
a spot in the league
– Executive members have preference for spots in the league including a
new team with a member on the executive.
– If you or one of your team members are interested in being a part of
the executive read through the positions available to make an informed
decision. A full description of executive positions and duties are
posted in the bylaws on the website.
Thanks for all your help everyone and we’re looking forward to a fun AGM!